Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Blog Day

Harini and Neha Vish have blog day posts here and here.

I do not have a list of five new blogs that I have come across recently. Instead I link to five blogs that I added to my blogroll in August.

Uma has a beautiful post on the occasion of the blog day. I'm tempted to quote the whole post, but I'll restrict myself to a few sentences!
    I don’t have to agree with every single post of yours. You don’t have to agree with every one, or any, of mine. What’s wrong with a little argument? ... ... But your blog is your space, and this is mine. Within your space, you have the right to expect courtesy and moderation, as I can expect in mine. Free speech doesn’t mean spam, or random attacks, or hate-filled comments. Those shouldn’t have a space. For the rest, it’s all cool. I like to keep an SOH, and a sense of proportion, and remember that it is, after all, just a blog.
So nicely put.

8 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger Sourin Rao said...

Anand
Thanks for the blogroll and thanks for the mention. Your site is a source of wealth of info and links to other cool sites. Please keep it coming.
Sourin

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Sujith said...

nice to know abt such a concept and here i'm in ur blog on one such day :-)

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Riot said...

Anand,
Thanks for the roll.
Locana and Balancing Life are apna favorite hangouts. A central perk of sorts

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Saheli said...

Thanks Anand! Lookin forward to reading more.

 
At 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

too many people forget that@ sense of humour and possibility of other points of view. Required reading for many self appointed judges of morality/ethics/taste :

I stood upon a high place,
And saw, below, many devils
Running, leaping,
and carousing in sin.
One looked up, grinning,
And said, "Comrade! Brother!"

 
At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sourin -- Many thanks for the nice words.

Welcome to Locana, Sujith. Hope you come here frequently. I liked your blog a lot.

You're welcome, Uma.

One more reason -- Glad to hear from you. I'm especially happy to be in Sunil's company.

Saheli -- Hope you frequent this place. Looking fwd to your comments as well.

?! -- Thanks a lot for that Stephen Crane quote (I googled and read the poem just now). I can't tell you how much those lines have lifted my 'blog spirits'.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Vulturo said...

I'm very sorry to come across this late, but thanks a lot Anand. It is a big honor for me.

Cheers

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Dalelorenzo the Online Marketing Guy said...

Allow you make decent money at flexible working times. These jobs are ideal for moms of young children, retired, students and those who are unable to step out of home for any other reasons. They also relieve from the pressure of office politics. You can enjoy the fun of working at home and at the same time you can earn money similar to normal jobs.
Newline Marketing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home