Monday, November 22, 2004

Google Rankings

Here is an interesting site:

Here you can see the placement rank of a specified keyword on a particular page. Rank of the keyword x on a webpage y is n, if y is the n-th link in Google search results when you search for x.

I just searched for some names. The results:

y   =   http://locana.blogspot.com
            xn
Arun Kolatkar5
Eunice De Souza16
Gowri Ramnarayan18
Ashish Nandy26
Swapan Dasgupta29
Sanjay Subrahmanyam55
Ram Guha98
Kuldip Nayar108
Amit Chaudhuri111
Namboodiripad142
Prashant Bhushan144
TV Chandran150
Narendra Modi528
Frank Wilczek558
Irfan Habib579
Vajpayee777

I also searched for Arundhati Roy and William Dalrymple. My page does not show up in the first 1000 hits. Moral: Make Ram Guha fight with you, and you'll be really famous!

1 Comments:

At 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I'm 497 taking the same Y axis. This makes me more famous than Narendra F*&%ing Modi. You made my day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home