Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Musings of a Kunnamkulam Christiani

"Last night, the storm and heavy rains that swept across New England caused power outages everywhere including the city I live in. As there was nothing I could do inside my room, I decided to take a stroll and the memories about my childhood came flooding to my mind:" Meagainsttheworld.

He writes about his childhood in Kunnamkulam: "During summer it was cashew picking time. We would always steal some seeds ignoring the pleas of the poor men who leased the orchard. The jamun tree in the church yard would turn the ground purple and you could spend the whole morning, picking the fallen fruit."

Less than fifty miles to the north of Kunnamkulam, I can picture myself in a very similar atmosphere, more or less around the same time (mid eighties).

Wish there are frequent power cuts in the New England area!

3 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Blogger MattP said...

Thanks for quoting my blog. Where do you hail from?

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you have done quite well with your blog, except its heading, in that it should not have been headed the musings of a 'Christiani' especially in the current world where religions divide people to the nth degree. It could have been headed musings of a 'Kunnamkulan' or a native of Kunnamkulam or something like that. Please think about this and let me know your comments.

 
At 4:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nee enthuttanda ezhuthi vechekkunnath

 

Post a Comment

<< Home